Using host Manager we can run test on a host connected to our network. Using the Host Manager Dialog box we can create a list of available host for test execution and also organize hosts into groups to be used for a specific project.
Following condition must be kept in mind before executing test on remote host:
1. QTP must be installed on each machine where you wish to execute the tests.
2. QTP must be configured to allow other HP products to run
3. QTP Connectivity add-in installed on both the Host (QTP) machines as well as the QC machine.
4. Define your host machines in the Host Manager of QC.
5. Ensure that Object Repositories and/or Function Libraries which are used by all scripts are ‘shared’ and accessible from all machines.