Requirement Gathering / Analysis
- This is the phase where the BRDs prepared by the BAs are analyzed and requirements are understood by Testers.
- Testers will clarify all their queries with the BAs and identify the testable requirements and the types of testing to be conducted based on the nature of the requirements.
Test Planning & Strategizing
- This is the phase where the testing team develops the test strategy on how the project will be executed, what methodology / process will be followed in executing the testing activities.
- Testing team will prepare a Test Strategy document which will be reviewed with the project stakeholders to confirm if the right approach is taken.
- At this phase the testing team prepares the Test Scenarios & Test Cases for the business requirements identified.
Test Environment Setup / Test Region Setup
- At this phase a dedicated testing environment is setup by installing the required software / providing the required accesses to the testers in order to set platform for performing the testing
- At this phase the actual testing begins where the testers execute the test cases to confirm that the developed product functions as per the requirements.
- Any deviations from requirements in the product behavior will be logged as defect.
- Here the testing team summarizes the testing work and prepare the closure report that will help the project team to take a decision whether the product is good to be deployed into production or not.